Your ultimate destination to make your Pretoria stay a happy one.
Why choose Marita's Guesthouse?
Marita's Guest House is truly a home away from home, for the following reasons:
- Situated on the outskirts of the stately old suburb of Muckleneuk, it offers overnight accommodation at highly affordable rates.
- Although only a few minutes from the CBD it is restful and quiet under the age-old trees, with no city noise interfering with the tranquility of the setting. There is a beautiful garden with a bird feeder and bird bath, and a sparkling swimming pool. NB: We prefer not to take small children, as the swimming pool is not fenced in.
- Each of the 2 guest rooms has its own private entrance - you can come and go as you like without causing any disturbance to other guests. Each room has its own, delightful private garden area and can accommodate 2 people.
- All major highways can be reached without having to negotiate the inner city traffic.
- Tourist destinations such as the City Hall, State Theatre, various prominent Museums, Church Square, the National Zoological Gardens (one of the best zoos in the world!), the Voortrekker and other monuments, the Heritage Memorial, and the Union Buildings are all within easy reach.
- Various world class hospitals are in close proximity to Marita's Guest House, e.g. Zuid-Afrikaanse Hospital, Jakaranda Hospital, Little Company of Mary, to name the 3 nearest ones.
- Meals are interesting, varied, wholesome and healthy - and we cater for diabetics.
- Safe parking on the premises.
People who recommend Marita's Guesthouse.
Francis R Nyachowe
Thank you so much for the hospitality. I felt like family. I promise to be back each time I visit SA. Lovely place and very quite.
Klaus J Burckhard
Ganz herzlichen Dank für den herzlichen Empfang, die gastliche Aufnahme und die excellente Unterbringung.
Dr Ojumel Grei
At Marita’s you just feel at home, all assistance and daily advice you need, is given. They care a lot and they even keep asking whether you are happy or need anything else to make you happier. Simply a good place and family environment.
Simply put, Marita’s guest house is a home and not a guest house. I was able to express myself and Marita made me feel that I have a mother in Pretoria. I have enjoyed every single day of the six days I stayed. I will not hesitate to recommend it to anybody coming to Pretoria.
Billy Miller & Karen Haire
Karen and I are here for a second year. The loving einvironment here speaks volumes about our decision to return. Every day we are met with a feeling of lovingkindness and a sense of belonging. The gentle pace of a typical day is respite from the demands of academic research and presentation. Thank you Marita for; your unconditional love and generosity. Dankie!!
Der Ort und vor allem Marita und Reinhard sind ein grosses Glück. Die anregenden Gespräche haben mir interessante Einblicke gegeben, dieses Land und seine Geschichte etwas zu verstehen. Die freundliche und herzliche Atmosphäre hat mich erfreut, und ich werde allen davon berichten. Herzliche Grüße, Knud
I have gone to so many guest houses in Southern Africa but have never seen and experienced such welcoming and friendly environment like what I saw at Marita’s Guest House. Its home away from home and would recommend anyone to lodge there while in Pretoria. I liked the personal touch. Thank you Marita and Reinhard.
I have experienced the blessing that this house has. Was really a fulfilling experience being here. Thank you.
Faith Vezasie ,
Thank you so much for the hospitality and making me feel at home. I really enjoyed staying here and the whole atmosphere was welcoming. I would like to come back some day
I have enjoyed my 3 weeks stay. It was a home away from home. The reception was fabulous. The breakfast was always good. A small place but “beautiful”. I look forward to coming again.
Dr. Nickolas Roubekas,
Marita and Reinhard: How can I possibly put in words my feelings leaving the guesthouse and South Africa? Here I found a family to embrace me and help me not only with settling into S.A., but also was by my side for all this time. My room felt like my own room in Greece and your home as my home. I thank you for all the conversations, for driving me around, for understanding my often dire situations that I found myself in. But mostly thank you for providing me with a place that I now consider my second home. I hope that the Lord will continue blessing and taking care of both of you and that my new adventure in life will one day bring me back to S.A. - sooner than later. I love you both with all my heart.
Baholo, Agnes Rakoro,
I feel so humbled and honoured by your warm friendly faces and hearts, I wish all the people in the world were like you are. Surely the world would be different. I wish I could stay longer, however, I thank God who made it possible for me to meet you and learn what it means to be human. The caring and love you showed me, I feel words cannot enough just to thank you. May God continually bless you and your family and keep you.
Dr. Gertrud Faass,
So eine schoene Zeit bei Euch! Komme gerne wieder, um das gute Essen und die Ruhe zu geniessen!
Contact us to find out more about our rates:
Tel/Fax: +27 (0)12 341 9976
Fax: +27 (0)86 616 1370
Cell: +27 (0)83 235 5819